n this episode of the Heresy podcast, Dimitar speaks to Jason Lemkin - CEO & Founder at SaaStr, serial entrepreneur and investor.
In the first part of the show Jason talks about his early career, how he ended up in SaaS, his first two exits and the lessons he learned from them.
In the second part of the show, Jason gives a no-BS, practical advice on building and scaling a high-performing sales machine. Topic covered include:
- The importance of founder-led sales
- Why in SaaS the founder should close at least 10 deals before hiring any salespeople
- What should you look for in your first Account Executives (and what to avoid)
- When is the right time to hire a VP Sales
- The different "flavours" of VP Sales - which one to hire when
- Should you hire a VP Sales or VP Marketing first
- When should you start building your Customer Success team
- Jason's best sales advice
Subscribe to The Heresy Blog - The home of agile sales
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox